Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Anatomy of a layout

Let's talk about these gorgeous products from Webster's pages. For this example I have used products from the Nature's Storybook collection pack and the coordinating calendar/journaling cards. (side note: I have found that, for those who like to use ink on their projects, Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap is a great color for this line) One of the things I love most about this Webster's product is that it is so easy to make a great page. For this page I have used two of the same sheets of paper, one for the background/base of the layout and one to cut out the images. I used my handy exacto knife and cut out the birds, flowers, leaves, and bunny. I used part of the vellum to back my photo and journaling piece. Vellum, with it's translucent quality adds just enough definition for the picture without overpowering it. Next, I used a piece of the coordinating stripe paper, with a border punch, to anchor the photo on the vellum. Once my photo and journaling were in place I used foam tape to "pop up" the elements from the paper that I had cut out with my exacto knife. A few bits and bobs from the sticker element sheet and my design was done. For my title, I used some Basic Grey chipboard letters covered with Tim Holtz's crackle paint in green. The word "way" was done using the Webster's sticker letters, placed on a transparency, then adhered on top of the chipboard letters. By using the transparency I gave some stability to the sticker letters.

All in all this layout did not take that much time to put together. The exacto knife cutting takes a little bit of time but it is so worth it... Don't you just love the look!









That's it for today. Hope you have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. OMGOSH!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout! I agree about the Websters pages paper...I love them!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great page, love it, thanks for the Tues. ideas & tips. I love the indian summer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout. Love your use of the crackle paint. Nice look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful page love your details. This is obviously your son that enjoys being photographed, he is a handsome model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout. I love all the cutouts. The paper line is great too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful... one of my favorite pages you've created ever!!

    ReplyDelete